Been reading various articles about the Carry-On Only Challenge (tips including but not limited to the gear and equipment they use for long journeys). In search for the ideal carry-on bag, all these brands seem to have the disclaimer that their carry-on met the size restrictions on "most" airlines.
Research concludes that the most popular and safest carry-on size to purchase would be 22" x 14" x 9". Check out my side-by-side comparison between the Osprey Porter 46 and the Eagle Creek: Digi Hauler
• Large U-zip luggage-style access to main compartment - 46L total volume
• Shoulder straps and hipbelt are stowable converting the bag from a backpack carry to duffel-style
• Protected rear panel lockable zip laptop/tablet sleeve for quick access at security or while traveling (fits up to most 15 inch laptops)
(Affiliate Link) | $99.00
• Lockable padded laptop compartment in back panel fits most 17" laptops.
• Lockable, self-repairing zippers with finger friendly zipper pulls on main compartment
(Affiliate Link) | $120.00
Carry it as a backpack, shoulder bag, or duffel.
Link | $250.00